The Cab Calloway Business Professionals of America team achieved great success at the 2017 National Leadership Conference in Orlando, Florida. Business Professionals of America is the leading Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) for students pursuing careers in business management, office administration, information technology and other business related career fields.
Competition results as follows:
- Claire A. placed 1st, Karl Matthew E. placed 3rd and Emma R. was a top 10 finalist in Graphic Design Promotion
- Pranav P. placed 1st in Entrepreneurship Exploration
- Neha D. placed 1st in Extemporaneous Speaking
- Ashley B. placed 1st in Spreadsheet Production
- Sudha A., Marlayna C., Neha D. and Nicole H. placed 2nd in Introduction to Video Production Team
- Karl Matthew E., Julia K., Jennifer K. and Robert O. placed 2nd in Web Site Design Team
- Pranav P. placed 2nd, Atharva S. placed 3rd, Ashley B. and Arundhati D. were top 10 finalist in Business Math Concepts
- Ashley B. placed 2nd and Atharva S. was a top 10 finalist in Business Communication Skills Concepts
- Pranav P. placed 3rd, Ashley B. and Atharva S. were top 10 finalists in Computer Literacy Concepts
- Alexandria H., Sydney R., Rayne S. and Mikayla S. were top 10 finalists in Presentation Management Team
- Jillian F., Emma R., Atharva S. and Mia X. were top 10 finalists in Administrative Support Team
- Ashley B. was a top 10 finalist in Prepared Speech
- Ashley B. and Sudha A. were top 10 finalists in Business Fundamentals Concepts
Students are led by their business teacher and BPA Advisor Mr. Sverrir Georgsson, co-advisor Angi Barker and volunteer coach Sarah Barker. We thank all who have participated and made the BPA chapter such a great success this year!