From Tuesday, May 8 thru Sunday, May 13, seventeen Cab Calloway School of the Arts 7th and 8th grade students attended the 2018 Business Professionals of America National Leadership Conference in Dallas, Texas. All 17 students in attendance achieved either a top 1 or 2 finalists in at least one of the many diverse competitions.
Results as follows:
- Julia C., Harpreet K. and Pragya S. placed 1st in Digital Game Design Team
- Marissa J., Emily L., Giada M., Delanie M. placed 1st in Presentation Management Team
- Mia X. placed 1st and Claire A. placed 2nd in Graphic Design Promotion
- Ava B. placed 1st and Claire A. was a top 10 finalist in Extemporaneous Speech
- Alexandria H. placed 1st in Prepared Speech
- Andrew I., Kimberly B., Ava B. and Rishi M. placed 2nd in Introduction to Video Production Team
- Ashley B., Arundhati D., Alexandria H. and Mia X. placed 2nd in Web Site Design Team
- Jack W. placed 2nd, Arundhati D. placed 3rd in Financial Literacy
- Ashley B. placed 1st, Arundhati D. and Claire A. were top 10 finalists in Business Fundamentals Concepts
- Ashley B. placed 1st and Claire A. was a top 10 finalist in Business Math Concepts
- Jack W. placed 3rd, Arundhati D. and Ashley B. were top 10 finalists in Computer Literacy Concepts
- Arundhati D. was a top 10 finalist in Business Communication Skills Concepts
Students are led by their business teacher and BPA Advisor Mr. Sverrir Georgsson, co-advisor Angi Barker and volunteer coach Sarah Barker. We thank all who have participated and made the BPA chapter such a great success this year!