Follow the following rubric and instructions
Digital Communication Arts
The following bullets are highlights of the portfolio, the link to the portfolio is located below this list. All students are required to participate in an assessment on their assessment date and time. It is another component in addition to the portfolio requirement.
- Provide a traditional or digital portfolio that includes 3 of the main “Sections“: The work submitted should be finely polished and include descriptions of every component used to make the piece.
- There are 3 main sections of the portfolio that you will turn in to Mr. Greider on the date of assessment. The “Artist Statement,” “2 Finely Polished Pieces” showing what you are proud of, and 3 of the 4 different “Samples of work.” You may include a letter of recommendation from a current teacher.
- An Artist statement Section
- Provide a written statement about why you want to be a Digital Communication Arts major here at Cab.
- Finely Polished pieces Section. A showcase of work.
- 6 photographs showing various different areas of study
- A piece of graphic design either an advertisement or logo
- 1 photocomposition should be made from 3 different pictures with those pictures also displayed in the portfolio
- At least a 2 page screenplay or fictional/non-fictional story
- A website, not from a template builder
- A 1 minute or longer edited video (edits include different shots)
- A 3d Object (Submitted as a digital file or a physical object)
- Work samples Section from 3 of the following categories. The sample of work should be labeled as finished pieces. These can be a variety of skills and are not weighted as much as the finely polished pieces.
- 3 Photographs
- 2 poems
- A short story that is at most a page in length
- 1 heavily edited photo (Edited in some photo application)
See link to the Rubric below
ALL digital communication arts portfolios must be picked up from Cab Calloway between the dates of February 6th to February 10th.
If you are submitting a digital portfolio as a flash drive look for it to be in an envelope with your name on it when you pick it up.
Assessment information and rubrics
Be prepared to participate in an assessment activity as it pertains to your specific concentration on your assessment date and time.
- A Creative writing assignment – 2017 PDF CREATIVE WRITING RUBRIC
- A Graphic design assignment – 2017 GRAPHIC DESIGN RUBRIC
- A Photo manipulation assignment – 2017 PHOTOMANIUPLATION RUBRIC