Follow the following rubric and instructions
- Plan to demonstrate your ability in ALL of the following areas:
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in major and minor scales (a minimum of two octaves).
- Perform one classical piece; demonstrating your best technical mastery, two to three minutes in length: one piece or one movement from a longer work. A shorter more complex piece is preferred over a longer, easier piece. Composers may include, but are not limited to, Bach, Bartok, Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, Clementi, Debussy, Dussek, Haydn, Mendelssohn, Mozart, Schubert, Schumann. Bring sheet music for the assessor to read. Music does not have to be memorized. Repertoire questions in advance, please email email@example.com.
- Perform one contemporary (such as, but not limited to, jazz or pop or sacred) piece that is one to two minutes in length. Bring sheet music for the assessor to read. Music does not have to be memorized. Play something that you love.
- Demonstrate proficiency in sight-reading.