Follow the following rubric and instructions.
Plan to demonstrate your ability in ALL of the following areas:
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in major scales (one octave, hands together).
- Perform a solo piece of your choice of up to two minutes in length. Bring a copy of the sheet music with you for the assessor to read. Music does not have to be memorized. Make it your best piece, and something you love to play.
- Demonstrate proficiency in sight reading – piece will be provided. (Student must be able to read music.)
- Recommendation letter IS REQUIRED from your music teacher before the assessment.
- Recommendation letters from instructors or directors are encouraged, but not required. See recommendation letter instructions are on the bottom of Application Process Page.