Follow the following rubric and instructions.
Middle School Visual Arts
The portfolio prepared by the student must include:
- A self-portrait, preferably done in pencil and using a mirror.
- A landscape drawing or painting, created from observation.
- A still life of at least three (3) everyday objects grouped and drawn/painted from observation.
- One (1) additional piece of the child’s choice. This piece may be a 3-dimensional work.
- In-class timed drawing. Subject to be selected by instructor. Students must bring a pencil.
All work must be the original work created by the applicant. Animation or cartoons of any kind will not be accepted.
ALL visual arts portfolios dropped off during the assessment days must be picked up from Cab Calloway between the dates of February 2nd to February 9th.
An in-depth look at MS Visual Arts Majors – Made by a High School Comm Arts Major.