Follow the following rubric and instructions
Each student’s will assessment will consist of the following:
- Sing Dona Nobis Pacem in the key of G: The music can be found at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dona_Nobis_Pacem_(canon) or email Mr. Lassman at email@example.com
Be prepared to sing the piece twice; as a solo and in a round with other singers.
- Sing a song from a Broadway Show or a Disney animated movie. Some of the more popular possibilities are: “Castle on a Cloud” from Les Mis, “Maybe” or “Tomorrow” from Annie or “Do-Re-Mi” from The Sound of Music. If you have question, contact Mr. Lassman by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone/text at 302-893-0168. Each student is expected to bring sheet music of their Broadway piece.
- Sing back a series of pitches the instructor will play on the piano to demonstrate Aural Memory and the ability to sing higher notes in head voice.
- Identify which example of music is being played while looking at two possibilities.
- Sing simple exercises by reading notes in a three note range; do, re, mi.
- A group practice time, when students can sing through ‘Dona Nobis Pacem’ with other students, will be scheduled with the date to be determined. Parents and students are welcome. Attendance is not required and will not affect the student’s assessment scores.2018 Vocal Music Rubric