DETENTION – 2:45 – 4:15 (Monday & Wednesday)
- Students will be notified in writing at least 24 hours prior to the detention.
- Parents will be contacted by email of pending detentions at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled detention. Phone calls will be made only if email is unavailable.
- A detention will be rescheduled one time and only at the request of a parent. However, detentions will not be rescheduled due to rehearsals and/or sports practices.
It is the student’s responsibility to remember their assigned detention. “I forgot” is not a valid reason for missing detention.
Detention Guidelines (Monday & Wednesday from 2:45—4:15).
- You are responsible for remembering that you have a detention
- Be on time. You have twenty minutes to take care of business.
- No food, candy or drink except water.
- Go to the restroom before reporting to Detention.
- No electronic devices of any kind.
- You will not be allowed to just sit – bring homework to complete or a book to read.
- You will not be allowed to go to your locker – come prepared.
- No sleeping or heads down on the desk.
- Disregard for any of the above guidelines may result in an In-School or Out of School suspension.
Failure to Report To Detention (FTR)
An In School Suspension (ISS) will be issued for each FTR.
ISS (In School Suspension) Students may be removed from one or more classes and placed in a time-out room. Students who receive an ISS cannot participate in after school activities (clubs, rehearsals, athletic practices) on the day of the ISS. An exception may be made for performances and/or a game depending on nature of infraction and is at the sole discretion of the school administration.
OSS (Out of School Suspension) Students may be suspended out of school for one or more days depending on the infraction. Students suspended out of school are to remain off school property, including school grounds and may not attend or participate in any school activity on or off campus including performances and games.