Follow the following rubric and instructions
Middle School Vocal Music
Each student’s will assessment will consist of the following:
- Sing Dona Nobis Pacem in the key of G: The music can be found at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dona_Nobis_Pacem_(canon) or email Julie Katz at email@example.com
Be prepared to sing the piece twice; as a solo and in a round with other singers.
- Sing a song from a Broadway Show or a Disney animated movie. Some of the more popular possibilities are: “Castle on a Cloud” from Les Mis, “Maybe” or “Tomorrow” from Annie or “Do-Re-Mi” from The Sound of Music. If you have question, email Julie Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each student is expected to bring sheet music of their Broadway piece.
- Sing back a series of pitches the instructor will play on the piano to demonstrate Aural Memory and the ability to sing higher notes in head voice.
- Identify which example of music is being played while looking at two possibilities.
- Sing simple exercises by reading notes in a three note range; do, re, mi.