Follow the following rubric and instructions
Middle School Vocal Music
Each student’s will assessment will consist of the following:
- Sing Dona Nobis Pacem in the key of G: The music can be found at:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dona_Nobis_Pacem_(canon) or email Mr. Lassman at email@example.com
Be prepared to sing the piece twice; as a solo and in a round with other singers.
- Sing a song from a Broadway Show or a Disney animated movie. Some of the more popular possibilities are: “Castle on a Cloud” from Les Mis, “Maybe” or “Tomorrow” from Annie or “Do-Re-Mi” from The Sound of Music. If you have question, contact Mr. Lassman by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone/text at 302-893-0168. Each student is expected to bring sheet music of their Broadway piece.
- Sing back a series of pitches the instructor will play on the piano to demonstrate Aural Memory and the ability to sing higher notes in head voice.
- Identify which example of music is being played while looking at two possibilities.
- Sing simple exercises by reading notes in a three note range; do, re, mi.
A group practice time, when students can sing through ‘Dona Nobis Pacem’ with other students will be on Thursday, January 3, 2019 from 6:30 to 7:00 PM in room 226. Parents and students are welcome. Attendance is not required and will not affect the student’s assessment scores.