Article by Calloway Chronicle
Published on May 6, 2019.
On Saturday, May 4, Cab students participated in the state-level competition of National History Day at Gunning Bedford Middle School. This was a culmination of months of sustained historical inquiry on student-selected topics connected to the theme of Triumph and Tragedy in History. They were terrific ambassadors for our school.
Here are the results!
Middle School Junior Division
- Lunger – 1st Place Individual Paper*
- Salvador-Riera, I. March, M. Virani – 1st Place Group Exhibit*
- Arunkumar and K. Movva- 1st Place Group Performance and Women’s History Award*
- Mehta – 1st Place Individual Website*
- Schmeda – 1st Place Individual Documentary*
- Sgroi and B. Ashley – 1st Place Group Documentary, Chronicling America Award, and American History Award*
- Spangler, A. Denesowicz, and E. Kim – 2nd Place Group Documentary, Medical History Award, and Global Studies Award*
- Hemphill and J. Davis – 2nd Place Group Website and Maritime History Award*
- Carp and M. Ting – 3rd Place Group Exhibit
- Yatavelli and D. Tattari – 3rd Place Group Documentary
High School Senior Division
- Natalini – World War II Award
- Ammann and A. Damude – Military History Award
- Mikles – 1st Place Individual Performance*
- Nana-Sinkam – 2nd Place Individual Performance*
- Block and J. Smith – 3rd Place Group Website and Maritime History Award
- Meakin and M. Budzinski – 2nd Place Group Documentary and Medical History Award*
- Anderson, M. Erdman, D. Simon, L. Stark – 3rd Place Group Documentary and American Innovation Award
*First and second place projects will compete at the national competition from June 9-13 at College Park, MD. Congratulations!