DETENTION – 2:45 – 4:15 (Monday & Wednesday)
- Students will be notified in writing at least 24 hours prior to the detention.
- Parents will be contacted by email of pending detentions at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled detention. Phone calls will be made only if email is unavailable.
- A detention will be rescheduled one time and only at the request of a parent. However, detentions will not be rescheduled due to rehearsals and/or sports practices.
It is the student’s responsibility to remember his/her assigned detention. “I forgot” is not a valid reason for missing detention.
- You are responsible for remembering that you have a detention
- Be on time. You have twenty minutes to take care of business (restroom, locker, snack etc.).
- No food, candy or drink except water.
- Go to the restroom before reporting to Detention.
- All electronic devices must remain in book bag. Chromebooks may be used for homework purposes only.
- You will not be allowed to just sit – bring homework to complete or a book to read.
- You will not be allowed to go to your locker – come prepared.
- No sleeping or heads down on the desk.
- Disregard for any of the above guidelines may result in an In-School or Out of School suspension.
Failure to Report To Detention (FTR)
First Offense: Rescheduling of missed detention plus an additional detention for Failure to Report.
Second Offense: An In-School Suspension (ISS) will be issued.